The 3D Blog



This blog is all about 3D design, game graphics, hardware comparisons, etc. I think you get the picture.
I have to accept I don't have much talent but I do try, which is like failing except even worse...


Monday 25 June 2012

Campfire in the Grass

I watched two tutorials from Andrew Price and I skipped through bits of it and only took what I needed. Then I decided to make a fire but using a plane and making the fire wasn't enough, I knew I had to take it further. So for three days I've been working on this scene, simulating and rendering constantly in order to produce this final piece. I worked extensively and went through several different versions before deciding on this one. I had to have everything on one layer or else it wouldn't render properly but that was the only hiccup.

Here is the final piece:

Now onto making water sprays from a water simulation!