The 3D Blog



This blog is all about 3D design, game graphics, hardware comparisons, etc. I think you get the picture.
I have to accept I don't have much talent but I do try, which is like failing except even worse...


Sunday 1 January 2012

Back to some old-fashioned modeling

Well yesterday morning I was reading on Tomshardware.com and I saw this very interesting picture of something called a Nixie Clock. Being intrigued by it's design I went on the internet and researched about it trying to figure out what the hell it was. I saved some reference photos just in case I needed it. Then I returned home later that afternoon and decided to start making something for my girlfriend based around the concept of a Nixie Clock. Although not exactly the same, in an hour or so I came up with this.
I'm quite proud of it since it was only an hour or twos work and so far it's been my best attempt at recreating something from reference photos. Later, I will post a tutorial on how to make it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here..